Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Why do brothers have to be killing brothers?

Sean Taylor has died.


I couldn't believe it. I went to bed Monday night with the thought that #21 would pull through this latest setback and come back if not for this year's Superbowl, then definitely for the first game of next year's title defense. When I woke up the next morning I did what I do every morning, go to ESPN.com and see if anyone had died over night. Sure enough, there was the headline. I was shocked, pissed off and I wanted answers. It's really strange how the death of one of your favorite players hits you. I had never met this guy, he didn't really stand out in the media, hes more famous for his run ins with the law and his thug-like demeanor than he is for his work with the community. As much as a tragedy that this is, there are soldiers his age or younger dying in Iraq daily as well as other murders in the streets every day. Yet, as sad as it might be, I really felt like I lost a family member when he died. I even know someone, we'll just call him Dave K., who stated "I'm more upset than if the person murdered had been half of my friends or family," which if you think about it is probably true. I mean, come on half your family is probably a douche bag anyway and I'm pretty sure they aren't a Pro Bowl safety for the Redskins. Irregardless, there are questions that need to be answered in the aftermath of this tragedy.


Who did this?


Honestly, this is not a matter for the police. If anyone knows who did this and how to take care of the situation, it would be Sean Taylor's boys. Seriously, is this situation not exactly like the plot line of Boyz 'n the Hood where Taylor is Ricky, the stud running back who is headed to USC. In the movie, in case you are scared watching Black drama will give you nappy hair, Ice Cube's character "Dough Boy" pisses off some thugs by pointing a gun at them during a scuffle, much like Sean Taylor did when those bitches stole his ATVs. So what happens? Those thugs have to come back and exact revenge by killing Dough boy's brother Ricky, who like Sean Taylor had a girlfriend and out of wedlock daughter who watch him and his amazing potential bleed to death. So after Ricky passes, what do his boys do? They go out and fucking look for the killer. We also see this thug attitude in the extremely emotional episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air where Will gets shot and Carlton decides the has to be a thug and go and kill that fucker who done that to Will. The episode ends with a scene where I fucking dare you to watch without getting choked up where Will pleads with Carlton to give him the gun which he finally does once he remembers he's wearing a fucking bowtie.

Now is this revenge going on right now? I should hope so, because from what it looks like there is no way the cops are going to figure it out. They are still calling this a random robbery, which Antrel Rolle of the Cardinals and a former teammate of Taylor at the U says is total bullshit. He says there is no way this shit was random and that Taylor had a lot of enemies on the streets of Miami. People are sleeping on the girlfriend too. Apparently, she was not harmed AND could not see the killer because she was "under the sheets with the baby." Please, that trick only works when you hide in girls beds who are too drunk and have to pass out. I hope Taylors boys know who did this and they get some justice on that fucker. For the sake of the killer, he better hope they find him because lets just say theres a certain blogger by the name of Ned's Younger Brother heading down to Tampa around Christmas time to do a little water tubing and perhaps some golf, but if I have to take care of bidness, you better fucking believe I will take care of bidness.


Where can we as Redskins fans go to find solace in this time of despair?


The same place my parents told me to look for all my questions growing up. Whether the question was "Why do I keep getting boners during church" to "Why does mommy have a black eye again?" the answer was always, "it's all in the sitcoms." For a look into how to properly deal with the death of a prominent character much like Sean Taylor was for Redskins, you needn't look any further than how the heroic cast of 8 Simple Rules was able to go on when the lead character John Ritter died back in '03. Seriously, talk about bravery, this entire show was based on Ritter's character, yet instead of just calling it a series and hanging it up the fucking money leeching producers decided people wouldn't realize anything was wrong if they just wrote the Dad off and plugged in David Spade as the "wacky cousin" who moves in much like Cody from Boy Meets World.

Will the Redskins be able to recover from this tragedy?


I think without a doubt the Skins will come together over this awful situation. The emotion that comes with the game of football is unparalleled in any sport with perhaps the exception of Poker because there really is no emotional rush as there is when you get a pure hand like KK. Anyways, if the Skins can use the emotion to string a couple games together to make a run for Sean in the god awful NFC and make the playoffs. If they make the playoffs, they immediately become the Saints of last year where they become every one's new favorite team and no one wants to play them. They have already proven that they can win at Green Bay and at Dallas, since they should have won both of those games, so who's to be feared?

If you don't believe me, lets look at an example from the Major Motion Picture Industry. I'm talking about a team that loses it's best player to murder just weeks before their Super Bowl type event. Obviously, the team is down and feels like mailing it in or perhaps quitting altogether. However, they quickly realize that their fallen teammate would not want this to happen, and instead they band together with their newly added teammate to go on and lead the team and their country to victory. Surely, by this point, everyone has figured out that I am referring to the award winning film Beerfest where Landfill dies due to being drown in a giant vat of beer only to be replaced by his identical cousin also named Landfill. I guarantee you that Sean Taylor has a cousin out there, who to most whites probably is identical. The only question that remains is whether he can learn Gregg Williams' defense in time for Sunday's game.



In all seriousness, Sean Taylor will truly be missed. It sounds as though he was turning his life around and my heart does go out to his family and especially his daughter. I'm still in shock at his death and he truly will never be replaced. He was a one of a kind athlete and it really is a tragedy that he went before his time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is by far the most moving post I have ever, ever read. You should probably give the eulogy at the funeral.

Just one thing: while the rush from having KK is amazing, it's not quite as good as having some shitty, overated hand like J10s or J4 and beating purity.

Ned's Younger Brother said...

mehorizontal, please refrain from playing shitty hands like J10s, no matter the emotional rush. See what poker pro Annie Duke has to say about it when local boy Wes W. asked her about it in a recent chat:

Dunkirk, Md.: Annie,

As a former participant of a EPT event in Dublin, I got to face up with top players such as Andrew Black and Greg Raymer. At what point in your career did you know you had what it took to compete?

Also, don't you hate J-10 suited, it gets me into more trouble than it's worth!

Annie Duke: J-T suited is, in my opinion, the most overated hand in poker. As for when I knew, I am still not sure I know but I go by my results.

I think the minutes you think you are awesome at this game you are in trouble as it is a game which you should always be striving to be getting better at.