Monday, October 22, 2007

Nothing like a nice Mexican Spinal Surgery!

Why Friday Night Lights? Why? What was once one of the best shows on television has quickly taken a turn for the worse. Perhaps it is the fact that they are trying to fit about 2 years of story lines into the 6 allotted episodes that NBC has given them that hs made the show so awful. But what was once a realistic show about a small town in Texas has now become almost completely science fiction.


Last year story lines featured beleivable situations such as racist coaches, steroids, and quarterback controversy. This season is now revolving around born again Christians, murder cover ups and subsequent murder induced adrenaline fucks, and the paralyzed quarterback GOING TO MEXICO TO FOR EXPERIMENTAL SURGERY SO HE CAN WALK AGAIN. I mean seriously, Mexico is more known for its diahrrea than it is for its doctors. I really hope Street walks into the doctor's office and he is met by a guy who looks just like Pedro from South of the Border offering a burrito and some illegal fireworks as incentives for doing the surgery with him. Wasn't it just last week that he was making progress with his motor skills giving him hope to walk again? This is ridiculous, although I am impressed by his good judgement at the end of the episode when Riggins hops in the car to go to Mexico and immediately tosses Jason a brew dog. Street says they are not in Mexico yet, therefore he can't drink and drive, which upsets Riggins. I mean I would be pretty upset too if my friend wouldn't drink and drive with me in the car...oh by the way, he's still paralyzed and barely has control over his hands. I'm sure hes an amazing drunk driver as most of us are, but I'm not so sure drinking and driving while paralyzed is the best idea.







As for the murder drama, Landry and Tyra are shaping up to be the unlikeliest couple since Jon Lovitz and Tia Carrere in High School High. I mean seriously, you have to start to question it when even the father of the guy questions the girl on why she is with him. I mean its pretty obvious the only reason she wants him is because he murdered that rapist. It's the same logic that OJ uses to get chicks. He just tells them Ron Goldman was trying to rape Nicole. Of course, they then ask him why he killed Nicole too: "Because she was a slut." Anyways, I can't wait for the episode where things start to cool off between the two of them and Landry realizes the only way he can win Tyra back is by killing someone else. So he lures some hobo out to the woods with the promise of a hot meal and kills him with a hammer. Of course this will terrify Tyra, however Landry will try to justify it. "That hobo would have rode the train for free if I hadn't have done what I done!!" I don't really see things looking good for old Landry down the road. In fact, the way the show is going I could really see the series finale feature Landry strapped to the electric chair as Tyra cries uncontrollably from the observation room screaming "I LOVE YOU LANDRY" and mouthing "thank you" and Landry screaming, " I WOULD DO IT AGAIN TO PROTECT YOU!!!"

No comments: